Monday, November 13, 2017

Stewarding the Work of Each Other

When I was single, I was grateful that my family did not pressure me to marry or join religious life but supported my ministries at Boys Hope, Shantivanam House of Prayer, my parish in St. Louis, and Lansing state prison. Now that I am at the Mount, I am grateful for the web of people who value the ministry, prayer, and witness of the sisters and ensure that we can continue our monastic life through their generous financial gifts, which were poured out in abundance at this year’s Night of Dreams event.

It is so important that we help steward each other’s vocations—that we give parents the tools and support they need to create loving families; that we give single people companionship and encouragement as they devote themselves to work that can’t be done by people with other commitments; and that we give persons with religious vocations the emotional support and resources they need to continue their ministries of prayer, education, and outreach to the poor. The charisms of all of us are necessary to create the kingdom of God, and when we are wise stewards, more than enough resources are available for each of us according our needs. Let us continue to listen to and support each other in the work we have been given!

No comments:

Post a Comment